Friday, March 10, 2006

Sad, but true

I wanna write about one of my personal characteristics today... I'm not sure if this can be called a characteristic or a habit or... so bear with me through it.

I don't think I deal with life's problems serious enough.

When I face a problem, there's a complicated mental process I go through, which will cause me to feel OVERSTRESSED for a few hours, then TOTALLY CALM after that.

I think this "numbness", or "calmness" if you like, is somehow related to my mind reacting to escape the mental pressure of dealing with a serious problem. It's somehow similar to a computer "asking" to be "shut down" if you run too many programs with it.

Yes, my mind will automatically "shut down" to escape the pressure.

So, when I face a big problem, this is what seems to happen: At first, I break down totally. I become exteremely weak and hopeless. But surprisingly, this feeling lasts for only half a day, at most, and this is where I think my brain reacts to the problem by making it look so small that it can be ignored. My brain will give me all kinds of reasons to accept that the problem is not as scary as I thought, but infact it is very small, and it has happened to many people before and they have overcome it, so I will definitely be able to overcome it. And then the numbness, and carelessness. Now, the problem seems so small, that I will tell my brain:
"Don't worry brain, I will take care of it in my free time."

I think my brain's saying to itself "Man, look at this guy, two hours ago he was
panicking,
at the point of agony,
thinking there won't be a tomorrow,

and so I give him "some" hope to calm him down,

and God damn it, he takes so seriously

that he tells me he will do "something" about it in "his free time" "?

Yes friends, that is the sad, but true story of what goes on inside a civil engineering masters' student at ... university whenever he faces a problem...


P.S. Thanks Nazanin for reading and commenting on my posts, you seem to be the only reader so far girl, keep up the good work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home